Thursday, May 29, 2008

The Part Where I Want to Kick Someone in the Throat

Yes, it's that part of my day...

on account of reading some of the comments posted here. In response to our MLB stadium making a decision to open a peanut free section (ONE section) at one of the games this season (ONE game), they opened the question up to some the fine (using the term loosely) readers on their site.

Some people still think that parents of allergy kids are overreacting & blowing things out of proportion.
I wish those people had been around the evening last summer when Flynn's airway closed. And then I could've jammed the giant needle of the epi-pen into their leg as well.

As I read, I thought to myself, 'Really? Are there really people that ignorant? Really?'

And then I commented. And so did Jeff. And I wanted to kick someone in the throat.

5 comments:

Becky @ BoysRuleMyLife said...

You kick 'em in the throat, I'll kick 'em in the rear! I mean, seriously, I was ignorant to how deadly milk could be, but I was never rude about allergies. How can people be so immature? They seriously don't know what they are talking about. Man....

Sue said...

I also heard recently that a family is sueing American or United airlines (one of the airlines) b/c they requested a peanut-free flight and they served peanuts. NO reaction occured and they're sueing. It's frustrating b/c they are the people that give us a bad name. Yes, be ticked, call and deal with the company, but sue when NOTHING happened? Frustrating!!!

I read some of the comments - I had to stop - it makes my blood boil!

Becky @ BoysRuleMyLife said...

Hi, I was wondering if you'd be up for giving some advice today...

http://boysrulemylife.blogspot.com/2008/06/dairy-free-quandries.html

Thanks!

About Nancy said...

Yes many are that ignorant and will continue to be unless they find themselves your shoes. I carry an epi-pen for our daughter whose battles hives for nearly 2 years, and my nieces carries one for her son who has peanut allergies as well.

We are all ignorant is some way. We must simply strive to educate and show patience to those around us.

Blessings,
Nancy

Nani said...

Unbelievable!